Pages

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Jean Paul Gaultier for Target

Current Song:  My Time With You - Kina Grannis and David Choi

I was pretty skeptical about Gaultier designing for Target.  Only because I've been disappointed with the previous designers of lines like GO International and such because of how their designs always have so much potential;  they are fresh, attractive and affordable...in photos.  Every time I look at the product in person, I'm so disappointed that they didn't carry through in quality and fabric choice.  However, I have high hopes for Gaultier.  One, "affordable" is a relative term.  His items range up to $200!  Two, the reviews look promising for a few pieces.  I was so curious to the turn out of his items that I ordered two from the Target site (free shipping, gotta love it).  They should be here within the week so I can report on how they end up!

These were my two favorite pieces:

Leather Moto Jacket.  I'm always skeptical of "cheap" leather because that's often how it looks.  But I'm really liking the detailing of the shoulders and the colors.  Might be tricky to match but it looks promising!

Mint Ash Green Dress.  I'm loving the color mint right now.  I'm afraid this dress will look boxy on me, but I loved the color so much I had to check it out anyways.

Either way, I'll be returning these items...they're still too expensive for my current budget!  Don't judge me for my curiosity!  You can see all the items here.

Also, seriously check out these two artists: Kina Grannis and David Choi.  Kina has a beautiful song that I listed on my last post called Valentine on her debut album and its just lovely!  David also has a song I like called Won't Even Start and it moved me to TEARS!  So sad but catchy.  They happened to do a duet called My Time With You and it is perfect it its happy, upbeat way.  Ch-ch-check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment