Pages

Monday, September 06, 2010

You see this face?




I honestly think that insufficient internet will be my sad, sad demise.  Right now, my internet is so modem its painful for me to sit and watch my browser strain to load its page.

Anyways, I'm currently sitting in a Starbucks feeling like I paid too much for a Java Chip Frapp yet feeling very much at home (as in, the States).  The company often has the media image of a villain yet makes me feel very comforted with its stringent guides in customer service and and upbeat attitude.  For the first time, thank you, Starbucks, for providing comforting smiles and free wifi.

I also found it interesting how McDonald's and Starbucks are located adjacent to each other (as pictured).  I know they say that placing niche markets together ends up stabilizing a consistent sales flow rather than beating each other out in competition (hence, why fast food chains, being located near each other, manage to survive amongst competition), but even so, I guess I'm surprised that these two tolerate each other.  Perhaps Singapore's compactness is what allows this sort of harmony.  If it were a McCafe, however, I don't think it would be quite the same situation.

In other thoughts, I realized I need to brush up on some studying and refresh my math skills.  Things are a bit more exciting as of late, but I don't want to jinx myself by speaking too soon.  Once my anxiety clears and there are actual results, I'll be less cryptic and cease my stream-of-thought entries.  Well, I mean, I'll never quit stream-of-thought, but I'll try to make them more cohesive to include interesting events that are happening.  A post on my recent trip to Thailand will be coming up!

No comments:

Post a Comment