Pages

Wednesday, September 01, 2010

A Fork and My Travels (but unrelated)

I believe I've come to a point to where I've decided:  I want to stay in Singapore.  Don't get me wrong; I still miss California and my wonderful, amazing friends, but I know if I go back, I will regret not staying and giving it my best shot.  I've gotten much more comfortable with life here (despite my ongoing frustration with the job hunt...it's the same story no matter where I am in the world, it seems.) and I'm liking the people I'm meeting.  It's definitely been surprising, and to my luck, healing.  I am exponentially happier now than I was 3 months ago, and for that I am grateful.  I'm moving forward with an open heart and bright eyes...though a bit chubbier and with hair that I cannot seem to tame (darn humidity).

My knee is still healing...I have ice on it at this moment.  I have been trying to find low-impact activities/sports to do since I'm gaining weight in less than ideal places.  So I've been taking up swimming lately while getting a much needed dose of Vitamin D, which makes me feel much better.  I still think it's a bit strenuous on my knee, though, as it was a bit swollen and weak by the end of the day.  I am super bummed that I won't be able to go rock climbing this weekend...it's supposed to be amazing!  I do feel comforted in the fact that I can makeup for it in the form of kayaking and snorkeling.  I wish I could go diving, but I don't think I have the time.

Speaking of casualties, I also chipped my front tooth!  God, it was awful.  Another lame story that is almost as bad as how I injured my knee.  This time, it was because I bit down too hard on a fork.  Yup.  I was eating too fast and chipped my front tooth biting down on a fork.  Who does that??  Sigh!

On a more exciting note, I think the next two weeks week will be much more interesting.  I know I haven't been updating, but I've been unmotivated to share how I haven't accomplished much adventuring.  Sorry to disappoint!  However, I'll be traveling the next two weekends this weekend so I should have some new material and new photos.  I'm also keeping my hopes up for the job scene!

So cross your fingers and blow me a kiss, I could use all the luck I can get!

P.S.  I thought it would be notable to mention that this past weekend, we had the highest girl-to-guy ratio.  5 to 2!  Lucky boys, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment