Pages

Monday, August 09, 2010

Sentosa Weekend



This past weekend has been a great highlight for me…a couple visiting friends made it memorable and I’m sad that the girls are already gone!

I also visited Sentosa (the commercialized island resort of Singapore), finally, and wish I could have stayed longer!  It’s quite an ordeal to get there if you’re not taking taxi…but it’s a worth-while change from the usual city.  Despite the coarse sand and my reluctance to go into those import/export waters, it was still wonderful to walk on a beach, see people playing volleyball and lay out with a few girl friends.  As with many things, it looked even better at night.  Many of the bars have pools, so you dont have to go into the ocean if you want to cool off, which is a nice touch, I think.

I actually went to the new KM8, which was a fun beach bar I used to go to when I was studying abroad 4 years ago.  It’s now been completely redone and renamed as Tanjong Beach Club.  It’s beautiful, but definitely lost its old charm as being that low-key, fun, party beach bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment