Pages

Monday, February 27, 2012

The New Home


They say "Home is where the heart is" and if that were the case, I'd split all over the world!

However, here is where part of my heart is settling for now.  This first photo is one from the entrance and you can see that it's the kitchen/dining room that leads up to the living room and bedroom.  It's actually a really spacious apartment (especially for Tokyo) and has an amazing kitchen setup.  

Did you know that most apartments don't have an oven?  Japanese people don't use it much; instead they have a small "toaster" of sorts that grills fish for the most part.  Not much roasting of red meats here. 



Since I'm co-habitating, I've had to compromise on decor.  If it were up to me, there would be a lot more pink...so we've decided to stick with neutrals and navy blue, lol.

The bedroom is a mess because I don't have a dresser yet, so photos of that are yet to come.  Not exciting for anyone else but I'm so looking forward to really "settling in" and feeling at home in my new home!  

1 comment: