Pages

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Anniversaries of Sorts

I know, I know, I've done that thing again where I have a surge of posting and then disappear. I told you that I'd be back to the grind once my holiday finished!

The funny thing about blogging is that it's my outlet for various reasons: mobile, unassuming, comforting and familiar. The flip side is that anyone can stumble upon my blog and all of a sudden I feel pressure to always be interesting, funny, and entertaining; things that I rarely am with intention. I mean, really, are you laughing with me or...?



Anyways, a few things have happened in the past month or so:

August 23rd, I celebrated my 2 year anniversary in Japan!  I can't believe I've lived in Japan longer than any other country (other than my beloved US of A) and it's felt like a blur.  I know everyone says that, but it's really freaking me out how time passes.  I'm still the worst student ever in learning and absorbing the language but I'm working at it.

August 23rd was also my 3 year anniversary with The Boy in which I do have a story to go along with it. It consists of a beautiful yet slightly embarrassing dinner that just continues to prove to me that I am not quite the graceful grown-up yet, despite my fancy dress.  Happy 3 years to us!

***


Anyways, I've kind of had my head down and out of sight, even socially.  Summer blazed through but I barely noticed because I only went to the beach once (versus last year's almost-every-weekend-at-our-beach-house).  Maybe it's because I'm preparing myself to savor what's coming up because I feel that this year is going to blow by me before I know it.  

What am I suggesting? Well, visitors. LOTS of visitors who will be staying with us for the rest of the year and while I know having guests can be tiring, I love housing friends and family.

And dare I say that I'm actually looking forward to Winter this year?  Picking up a winter sport sure does help.

I'm also going to be visiting beautiful California this weekend for a good 10 days and I cannot wait to see my beautiful friends and binge on everything made of sunshine and rainbows (like In N Out, Target, and sale shopping). 

Until next time...!

No comments:

Post a Comment