Pages

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Japan's Beaches: Shimoda, Izu


As a California girl, I'll always feel a bit at home with the scent of an ocean breeze.  Going up along the coastline to Shimoda, Izu was almost like driving along PCH as I watched the sky and ocean meet in their hues of blues.  And the fact that it was the same Pacific made me feel that much closer to home.


What was definitely different, however, was the rock structures. They remind me of the rock formations of Railey Beach, Thailand with their lush forest and greenery intertwined.  And the cicadas definitely remind me that I'm in Asia.  I love it.


A group of us are renting a beach house for the summer to escape the city on the weekends and it's been a nice refresher to the weekly grind.  It takes about 3 hours by train each way but it's nice to chill out, barbeque and eat together.  Mm, the taste of carbon!

No comments:

Post a Comment