Pages

Thursday, July 10, 2014

First week in Hong Kong


10 days in Hong Kong and we've finally decided on our new home!

::Drumroll::



We've decided on Kowloon side!

Oh, hey now, don't be disappointed (I'm speaking to you, Future Guest). It's still extremely convenient and we'll have a guest room (and a pool!) waiting for you, so you'll have a nice comfy visit!

We have already been getting a lot of flak for choosing "the dark side"but no matter how we tried to justify it, living on Hong Kong side would have been a nightmare for both our daily commutes.  I'd much rather commute to Hong Kong every night than the other way around every morning. 

And actually, I really like Kowloon side. It's got a bit of extra edge and easier to start those activities I keep insisting I'll try (one day!!).

Here are some boring-ish photos I snapped with my aged iPhone 4S.  Actually, I just got my shiny new iPhone 5S today!  Don't even begin to tease me about how the iPhone 6 is coming out because I'm just so pleased with having access to Google Maps at the touch of a finger.



This crab made a good attempt at escaping the grocery store tank. How do they know they're female?


This was a personal nightmare: Hong Kong's version of a Hand Grenade.  You pull the Tequila shot, let the Jager bomb into the Redbull, and then chase it with a vodka beer concoction. Messy.

Look!  My summery nails! I rarely get my nails done but I always feel so special and lovely and do that floaty-hands thing whenever I get them done. Whee!


You know what's not graceful?  Me in the pool. 

So good, must learn how to make this dish!

Time to gym and eat!  Bye for now!

x Kris

No comments:

Post a Comment