Pages

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Tokyo Fashion Week 2013 - I met Jeremy Scott


Tokyo is known for her seriously wicked and diverse sense of style, so I was totally psyched to be able to attend the opening show for Fashion Week (Mastermind).  I mean, I'm a girl, I love clothing and art; fashion is a fusion of the two!

But after attending the opening show for Mastermind and meeting some amazing people, I realized, I would probably never make it in that world (very sad realization).  

Compared to these people, I merely liked the idea of fashion; I could never live and breathe it with the full, dedicated passion these people have. It's really an amazing buzz you feel being around people who truly love what they do.  I am merely a bystander in a synergy of creative genius happening and I cannot even begin to appreciate it!

I felt so dull next to them!
Highlight of the day: I had the amazing opportunity to meet the American designer, Jeremy Scott!  

I remember watching him years ago on Project Runway reruns and thinking, "His work is beautiful, I hope he wins."  

Jeremy Scott + SmartCar
And what do you know, now here he was, displaying his SmartCar design with photographers and fabulous people fluttering about.

I had a 15-20 minute conversation with him.  It was probably the most mundane and uninteresting conversation he's ever had the misfortune to have. 

Fortunately, he was incredibly down-to-earth and made conversation with me despite my being star-stricken.  I couldn't think of anything interesting to speak with him about because:

1.  I didn't want to ask him something obvious (what do you do?)
2.  I didn't want to ask him something he's been asked a billion times (what inspires you?)

Since I'm from LA, my usual charm is to sneak a creepy look and run away when there's a celebrity nearby. 

Anyhow, the show went on for a brand called "Mastermind", very much skull and bones motif, fun!

Tokyo Runway 2013

On Wednesday, there was an event called Tokyo Runway, which I would describe as more young female targeted brands, the type you see in Shibuya and Harajuku.

The models are not so much the typical runway models but the super kawaii Japanese models, some which are quite famous.  I am so jealous how young and beautiful they look...a lot of them are in their 30's and they look like teenagers!  Anyhow, they bring a big crowd:

Tokyo Runway Audience
Whew!  It's been a lovely week.  The weather is really warming up (finally!) and I've been shopping loads.  

I may not be a "fashionista" but I play an important part in the business: the consumer!



P.S.  How fabulous is this dog?  I'm not saying it's a great idea to do this to the pup, but it almost seemed to be enjoying all the attention.  It had 2 layers of false eyelashes, mascara, glitter, blush, rhinestones, a tutu outfit and matching companions (including the owner).    

I found them at Shibuya Crossing.  I heard the owner regularly dresses them, and himself, up and struts around showing them all off. 

1 comment:

  1. WHAAAAT Kristen actually blogging?? crazy talk. ha!

    Looks like so much fun! You are definitely living it up way more than I ever did in Japan.

    How do you put 2 layers of false eyelashes on a dog? How do you take them of???

    ReplyDelete